The Midland Roundtable Athlete of the Year Banquet took place at the Billings Hotel and Convention Center Wednesday night. Five male, five female finalists up for the award .
Taking the top honors on the girls side was Billings Central's Isabelle Erickson.
Erickson was a part of two Class A Volleyball titles along with another one in basketball. Erickson heads to Carroll College in the fall on a basketball scholarship and ends her high school career with a big honor on Wednesday night being named "Billings Best."
"I think it's cool. Looking at the names on the list I remember when they were in high school, people I know from other things also on that list so it's cool to leave that behind," said Erickson.
As for the boys, Billings West High's Neil Daily is your winner. A three sport standout, Daily heads to Bozeman in the fall with a scholarship to play football for Montana State.
The first team all-state linebacker transferred to West from Missoula Sentinel two years ago, and that transition seemed to pay off on Wednesday night.
"I mean it's been a great change, everyone here is the nicest people I've ever met in my life. Small town vibe, everyone knows everyone. I'll drive in the neighborhood and you always get a wave driving by. That's what makes life great," said Daily.
Other girls finalists were Billings Senior's Olivia LeBeau, Billings West's Kendall Ellis, Billings Central's Kellan Wahl, and Billings Central's Molly Molvig .
For the boys the other finalists were Billings Senior's Junior Bergen, Billings Senior's Jacksen Burckley, Billings Senior's Thomas Klepps, and Billings Central's Marcus Wittman.
Currently in Billings
92°F / 66°F
SWX's Most Popular
- West High's Riley Bergeson commits to play football for Navy
- Dani Aragon finishes 8th in 1500m Finals at U.S. Olympic Trials
- Griz get unexpected double-commitment in Jolly, Manchester
- Billings Central standout Mya Hansen commits to Butler
- BAC's Ethan Harder swims final event at U.S. Olympic Team Trials
- Rocky inducts three individuals, two teams into Hall of Fame
- Four Bobcats qualify for U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Melstone's Draya Wacker commits to Lady Griz
- MSUB tabs Michael Bazemore as new Athletic Director
- Boise State football adds four commits in two days, takes over top spot in Mountain West recruiting rankings
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.