The Golden Bears defeated the Panthers and remain undefeated. The Boys won 80-64 and the girls won 98-46. Though West is the most dominant team in AA, Belgrade's weapons, one being junior, Evan Major, has kept them competitive.
In the Panthers' dual against Bozeman, Major set the fastest 200 meter race in the division this season, finishing first at 22.33 seconds. That time also broke Belgrade's school record in the event at 22.4 seconds. "I didn't want to do the 200, but my coach made me do the 200," Major said. "He said that if I did really good he'd get me skittles, and that's my favorite candy. Then I came back to school, I didn't know I broke the school record until a couple days ago and it turns out that I broke it so it's kind of cool to see your name up on the board in front of everybody."
The Panthers go to Billings to face Skyview next week while the Golden Bears are back at home hosting the Hawks.
Currently in Billings
SWX's Most Popular
- West High's Riley Bergeson commits to play football for Navy
- Griz get unexpected double-commitment in Jolly, Manchester
- Billings Central standout Mya Hansen commits to Butler
- Lady Griz welcomes Joslyn Tinkle as new assistant coach
- BAC's Ethan Harder swims final event at U.S. Olympic Team Trials
- Melstone's Draya Wacker commits to Lady Griz
- Four Bobcats qualify for U.S. Olympic Track & Field Trials
- Montana State at No. 8, Montana slotted at No. 11 in Athlon preseason poll
- Rocky inducts three individuals, two teams into Hall of Fame
- MSUB tabs Michael Bazemore as new Athletic Director
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.