As featured on
The Empire Builder headed west from Chicago to Seattle derailed over the weekend.The train was made up of two locomotives and 10 cars, 8 of which derailed near Joplin around 4 p.m. Saturday.According to Amtrak there were 141 passengers, and 16 crew members onboard.The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office confirmed there were three fatalities and multiple injuries and has not yet released the names of the victims. The governor pointed out that the entire community came together and the response was entirely done by volunteers.We are awaiting a press conference with the NTSB.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING... * WHAT...West winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph possible. * WHERE...Portions of central and south central Montana. * WHEN...From Wednesday morning through Wednesday evening. * IMPACTS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines. Power outages are possible. Travel could be difficult, especially for high profile vehicles due to sudden strong crosswinds. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Monitor the latest forecasts and warnings for updates. Fasten loose objects or shelter objects in a safe location prior to the onset of winds, including your Halloween decorations. &&
Currently in Billings
- No school being held across Hardin School District Monday after ‘serious threat’
- Billings man gets jail time for bad check scheme, illegal possession of firearm
- Shooting at Lake Elmo leaves 1 teen in custody, 1 teen injured
- Former Montana Native Women’s Coalition chairwoman sentenced for stealing federal grant funds
- Suspect last seen near Reed Point apprehended
- FBI confirms human remains found in Florida reserve belong to Brian Laundrie
- CDC: Salmonella outbreak linked to onions
- Search operations in effect for 26-year-old man missing in Grand Teton National Park
- Ballantine man sentenced for deliberate homicide
- Local Doctor warns residents not to use Ivermectin for COVID treatment
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.