As featured on
The Empire Builder headed west from Chicago to Seattle derailed over the weekend.The train was made up of two locomotives and 10 cars, 8 of which derailed near Joplin around 4 p.m. Saturday.According to Amtrak there were 141 passengers, and 16 crew members onboard.The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office confirmed there were three fatalities and multiple injuries and has not yet released the names of the victims. The governor pointed out that the entire community came together and the response was entirely done by volunteers.We are awaiting a press conference with the NTSB.
Currently in Billings
- Hardin Superintendent asking people to minimize misinformation after social media threat
- Billings man gets jail time for bad check scheme, illegal possession of firearm
- Former Montana Native Women’s Coalition chairwoman sentenced for stealing federal grant funds
- Suspect last seen near Reed Point apprehended
- FBI confirms human remains found in Florida reserve belong to Brian Laundrie
- Search operations in effect for 26-year-old man missing in Grand Teton National Park
- Ballantine man sentenced for deliberate homicide
- Volborg's Jess Lockwood to miss rest of PBR season
- Hardin School Districts 17H & 1 establishing safeguards after weekend social media threat
- Multiple units on scene of large haystack fire in Custer County
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.