...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY... The National Weather Service in Billings has issued a Red Flag Warning...which is in effect from 10 AM to 9 PM MDT Saturday. * IMPACTS: Low humidities, hot temperatures, strong gusty winds, and wind shift with a cold front will create erratic fire behavior and new fire starts. * AFFECTED AREA: In North Central WY Fire Zones...274...284. In South Central MT Fire Zones...123...124...125...126...127 128...129. In Southeast MT Fire Zones...130...131...132. In Southeast MT and Northwest SD Fire Zone...133. * COUNTIES AFFECTED: In Central MT...Golden Valley...Musselshell...Wheatland. In North Central WY...Big Horn...Johnson...Sheridan...Washakie. In Northwest SD...Harding. In South Central MT...Big Horn...Carbon...Park...Stillwater Sweet Grass...Yellowstone. In Southeast MT...Carter...Custer...Fallon...Powder River Rosebud...Treasure. In Southwest MT...Gallatin. * COLD FRONT: Dry cold front Saturday evening. * WIND: Southwest 15 to 25 mph, with gusts 25 to 40 mph. Locally stronger gusts in the western foothills and mountains. * HUMIDITY: Around 10 percent. * TEMPERATURES: Approaching record highs in the low to mid 90s. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. &&
Currently in Billings
59°F / 52°F
- Victims of fatal ATV crash identified
- Gov. Gianforte reacts to Pres. Biden vaccine mandate
- Family fears accidental overdose after 12-year-old found dead in his Spokane Valley bedroom
- Construction starts on fiber-to-the-home network in Billings
- Officials identify man whose body was pulled from river
- Body recovered from Yellowstone River in Billings area
- Investment of $6M going into Montana’s workforce
- Sheriff IDs body found in the Bartlett Ditch
- Superintendent Arntzen releases statement on Biden COVID vaccine announcement
- Montana Nursing Association condemns DPHHS over latest mask ruling
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.