Crews in Bozeman respond to smoke at Riverside Country Club early this morning

This article has been updated with new information-

BOZEMNA- Central Valley Fire responded to the Golf Maintenance shed at Riverside Country Club early this morning.

That shed is down the road from the main portion of the country club.

A golf maintenance employee arrived to work and the shed was full of smoke and called 911.

The cause of the smoke was linseed oil-soaked rags from building maintenance. 

Linseed oil can spontaneously combust due to heat without proper ventilation. 

Central Valley Fire handled the main response with mutual aid from Bozeman Fire.

Recommended for you