As featured on
HAMILTON, Mont. - The Bitter Root Humane Association is the only shelter between Salmon, Idaho and Missoula. It prides itself on not turning away any animal in need and estimates it rehomes about a thousand animals each year. In order to continue to do so, this new shelter was necessary.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO MIDNIGHT MDT TUESDAY NIGHT... * WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with temperatures of 100 to 110 degrees expected. * WHERE...Portions of central, south central, and southeast Montana. Portions of north central Wyoming. * WHEN...From 10 AM this morning to Midnight MDT Tuesday Night. * IMPACTS...Heat related illnesses increase significantly during extreme heat events. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The hottest temperatures are expected Tuesday afternoon. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Do not leave young children and pets in unattended vehicles. Car interiors will reach lethal temperatures in a matter of minutes. Take extra precautions when outside. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing. Try to limit strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Take action when you see symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1. &&
Currently in Billings
- Montana fishing store sets the record straight after trending visit from Fox News host Tucker Carlson
- Messy Grand Teton camp draws bear; Idaho woman fined $5.8K
- Video shared on Facebook shows disturbing police K9 incident in Lodge Grass
- Searchers following lead of hiker matching description of missing Red Lodge hiker
- Amusement Park Drive-In may be closing "forever"
- Billings fire & police investigating fire that damaged two businesses
- Magic City named #1 real estate market in the country
- Brunner Fire burning near Silverwood Theme Park 50% contained
- Body of drowning victim found in Stillwater River
- Water use restrictions established by the City of Billings
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.