WOODBRIDGE, N.J. (AP) - Police have arrested a New Jersey man who they say faked a slip and fall at a business to get insurance money.
Prosecutors say the 57-year-old Randolph man was subcontracted to work at a company in Woodbridge when he faked the fall in 2018.
Authorities say surveillance video captured the man grabbing ice and throwing it on the floor before lying down. They say the man waited until he was discovered, and then he filed an insurance claim for hospital treatment.
The man was arrested Jan. 15 and charged with insurance fraud and theft by deception.
He is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 7.
As featured on
...AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT... The Montana Department of Environmental Quality has issued an air quality alert for Beaverhead, Big Horn, Broadwater, Carbon, Carter, Cascade, Chouteau, Custer, Deer Lodge, Fallon, Fergus, Gallatin, Glacier, Golden Valley, Granite, Jefferson, Judith Basin, Lake, Lewis and Clark, Liberty, Madison, Meagher, Missoula, Musselshell, Park, Petroleum, Pondera, Powder River, Powell, Ravalli, Rosebud, Silver Bow, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Teton, Treasure, Toole, Wheatland, and Yellowstone counties in effect until further notice. due to increasing particulate concentrations from local and regional fires This alert will be updated again at 9 AM MDT 7/29/21. An Air Quality Alert means that particulates have been trending upwards and that an exceedence of the 24 hour National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) has occurred or may occur in the near future. As of 9 AM MDT, Particulate levels in Birney, Broadus, Butte, Hamilton, Helena, Missoula, and Thompson Falls are Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups. As of 9 AM MDT, Particulate levels in Billings, Bozeman, Cut Bank, Dillon, Frenchtown, Great Falls, Lewistown, Malta, Seeley Lake, West Yellowstone are Moderate. When air quality is Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups... State and local health officials recommend that people with respiratory or heart disease, the elderly and children should limit prolonged exertion. When air quality is Moderate... State and local health officials recommend that unusually sensitive people should consider reducing prolonged or heavy exertion. For more information visit the Montana Department of Environmental Quality at http://todaysair.mt.gov
Currently in Billings
- Montana fishing store sets the record straight after trending visit from Fox News host Tucker Carlson
- Messy Grand Teton camp draws bear; Idaho woman fined $5.8K
- Video shared on Facebook shows disturbing police K9 incident in Lodge Grass
- BPD investigating 2 arson incidents possibly connected
- Amusement Park Drive-In may be closing "forever"
- Developer confronts housing crisis, building 720 new units in Billings
- Crow Tribe bringing charges against BIA officer involved in Lodge Grass incident
- Brunner Fire burning near Silverwood Theme Park 50% contained
- Water use restrictions established by the City of Billings
- Stillwater River drowning victim ID'd
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.