...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 9 PM MDT SATURDAY... * IMPACTS: Low humidities, hot temperatures, strong gusty winds, and a wind shift with a cold front will create erratic fire behavior. * AFFECTED AREA: In North Central WY Fire Zones...274...284. In South Central MT Fire Zones...123...124...125...126...127 128...129. In Southeast MT Fire Zones...130...131...132. In Southeast MT and Northwest SD Fire Zone...133. * COUNTIES AFFECTED: In Central MT...Golden Valley...Musselshell...Wheatland. In North Central WY...Big Horn...Johnson...Sheridan...Washakie. In Northwest SD...Harding. In South Central MT...Big Horn...Carbon...Park...Stillwater Sweet Grass...Yellowstone. In Southeast MT...Carter...Custer...Fallon...Powder River Rosebud...Treasure. In Southwest MT...Gallatin. * WIND: Southwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph. Strongest winds along the foothills. * HUMIDITY: As low as 8 to 12 percent. * TEMPERATURES: Approaching record highs in the low to mid 90s. * COLD FRONT: Dry cold front Saturday night, but a good chance of rain along with much cooler temperatures for Sunday. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. &&
Currently in Billings
78°F / 34°F
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Victims of fatal ATV crash identified
- Yellowstone National Park posts info of missing woman Gabby Petito
- Family fears accidental overdose after 12-year-old found dead in his Spokane Valley bedroom
- Wanted Montana woman arrested in Texas
- Construction starts on fiber-to-the-home network in Billings
- Officials identify man whose body was pulled from river
- Missing hiker in Glacier National Park found deceased
- Gov. Gianforte reacts to Pres. Biden vaccine mandate
- Wyoming Detects Rare Human Case of Pneumonic Plague
- Billings Clinic getting ready to carry out Crisis Standard of Care