...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM TO 10 PM MDT
* IMPACTS: Low humidities, hot temperatures, and strong gusty winds
will create erratic fire behavior.
* AFFECTED AREA:
In South Central MT Fire Zones...125...126...127...128...129.
In Southeast MT Fire Zones...130...131.
* COUNTIES AFFECTED:
In Central MT...Golden Valley...Musselshell.
In South Central MT...Big Horn...Carbon...Park...Stillwater
In Southeast MT...Powder River...Rosebud...Treasure.
* WIND: Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* HUMIDITY: As low as 7 percent.
* TEMPERATURES: 96 to 109 degrees.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are
either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong
winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TO 9 PM MDT
* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions.
* WHERE...Portions of central, south central, and southeast
Montana. Portions of north central Wyoming.
* WHEN...From Noon to 9 PM MDT Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Extreme heat will significantly increase the
potential for heat related illnesses, particularly for those
working or participating in outdoor activities.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...After very hot conditions this afternoon,
temperatures will peak on Tuesday with record highs from 100 to
Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out
of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young
children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles
under any circumstances. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved
to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency!