If you are newsy and want to jumpstart a career in the world of broadcast news we have an entry-level opportunity just for you.
KULR-8 is looking for our next producer, and we're willing to train.
Producers are the news content gatherers and organizers. These are the people behind the scenes who communicate with reporters and help craft stories. Producers also aggregate information from press releases, news wires, and yep, they even have the chance to go out and report at times.
As a producer at KULR-8, you will help shape our statewide newscast Montana Right Now. You'll also have the opportunity to ensure we keep our viewers informed with news making headlines here at home, across the Treasure State, and around the world at 10.
You'll help to ensure we are accurate in what we report, how we report it, and that it translates well on-air and online.
- Producing as scheduled. We have shows at 5:00 p.m., 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m.. 10 p.m. and 10:35 p.m.
- Writing and editing news copy
- Must meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Possess good news judgment
- Positive "can-do" attitude and team player
- Posting to our website and social media platforms
- Non-linear video editing
- Broadcast journalism or English degree preferred
- Previous line producing experience a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Self-starter able to work with little direction and solve problems
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- May be called for other special events such as elections, fires, floods and/or other major events.
- Position open until filled
If this sounds like something you'd like to learn more about, please send your resume to our News Director Phil Ohnemus to schedule an interview.
You can e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure you introduce yourself a bit and share what local news means to you.
KULR-8 is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.