KULR-8 in Billings, MT is looking for a dynamic storyteller who is engaging in multiple platforms including traditional broadcast, streaming, podcasting, and social media.
This is a chance to join a multi-cultural company looking to innovate as our industry adapts for the mid-21st century. We’re striving for diversity and welcome honest conversations in our newsroom to help understand how our reports impact viewers, listeners, and readers across our community.
This person needs to have solid news judgment, a creative mind, and established writing skills to produce stories that are relevant and compelling to our viewers. If you’re in a box, stay there. We only want creative thinkers. And if you dread breaking news, this isn’t the place for you. We thrive on our patented coverage of breaking news.
It's a fast-paced environment and we need someone that thrives in those situations. If you have the skills, the passion, and the ability to make quick decisions, multi-task, and work effectively under pressure, we want to hear from you!
This is an entry-level position, but applicants should have college-level experience shooting, writing, and editing. Anchoring, producing, and weather experience is a plus!
Applicants should have a degree in Broadcast Journalism or relevant experience with a deep appreciation for ethical storytelling.
- Enterprise and produce quality stories
- General Assignment duties with live opportunities
- Must be able to shoot, write & edit
- Write copy for web and other social media platforms
- Must be comfortable with live streaming and breaking news
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record and liability insurance
- ENPS, or similar newsroom computer experience preferred
- Good attitude and attention to detail is a must
Applicants should send cover letter, resume, and weblink to email@example.com.
Cowles Montana Media Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled.