Job Description: KULR-8 News, a Cowles Montana Media station is looking for a dynamic personality and good storyteller for our Weekend Forecaster /MMJ (Reporter) opening.
Our weekend weather person will be taking on a high visibility position and will be seen in every television market in Montana. You must possess a smooth delivery and a comfort working in front of the camera on the green wall. Previous training in weather is preferable but not mandatory as you will work with a seasoned meteorologist to develop and improve your craft.
During the week you work as an MMJ working general assignment. A passion for shooting, writing, and storytelling is a must. You will have the opportunity to report live and cover Breaking News stories impacting the Billings market. Our reporters are also called upon to report live for our sister stations across the Treasure State.
When not at work you will be living in an outdoorsman’s paradise. Montana is world-renowned for access to public lands that cater to an outdoor lifestyle that includes hiking, biking, rock climbing, horseback riding, skiing, hunting, and fishing. Billings is also a foodies dream with local artisan restaurants and breweries.
Duties Also Include:
- Weekend Weather Anchor
- Weekday Reporter
- Energetic presentations of weather
- Enterprise and produce quality stories
- General Assignment duties with live opportunities
- Must be able to shoot, write & edit
- Write copy for web and other social media
- College degree in Broadcast Journalism, Meteorology or related field
- Valid driver's license
- Clean driving record and liability insurance
- ENPS or similar newsroom computer experience preferred
- BARON Weather system knowledge is a plus
- Good attitude and attention to detail is a must
You can e-mail your cover letter, resume, and a link to your reel to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
2045 Overland Avenue
Billings, MT 59102
KULR-8 is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.