House fire on Grand Ave. sends one to hospital - KULR8.com | News, Weather & Sports in Billings, Montana

House fire on Grand Ave. sends one to hospital

Posted: Updated:
BILLINGS, Mont. -

One woman was sent to the hospital Tuesday, after a house fire on Grand Ave.

Battalion Chief Terry Larson with Billings Fire said the woman's injuries were due to smoke inhalation.

The fire department extinguished the blaze in minutes, but the house was filled with smoke. Larson said the fire started in the kitchen, while food was cooking on the stove.

A section of Grand Ave. across from Daylis Stadium was closed in one direction while fire crews worked on the house.