Man Charged With Murdering Sisters Changes Plea - | News, Weather & Sports in Billings, Montana

Man Charged With Murdering Sisters Changes Plea

Posted: Updated:
BILLINGS, Mont. - The man accused of killing two Billings sisters in their home appears in court Tuesday, and after two years, changes his plea.

Andrew Denning, 22, signed a plea agreement and appeared in court to enter in pleas of no contest.

Denning is charged with two counts of deliberate homicide. Under the plea agreement, on each count, the State will recommend a sentence of 100 years in prison and the weapons enhancement charges will be withdrawn.

During the hearing, prosecutors told the court about the evidence and testimony they have against Denning. Prosecutors talked about findings from the autopsy of the sisters, from police investigations and interviews, and from witnesses.

Denning admitted to going over to the Edwards' apartment, and took Ambien by the time he got there. In court documents, Denning said at a certain point he doesn't remember what happened, but based on his observations, he concluded he was responsible for the murders, and took steps to conceal the crime.

On January 27, 2012, 22-year-old Rose Edwards and 21-year-old Daisy Edwards were found murdered in their apartment. Billings Police arrested Denning 14 hours after they discovered the sisters' bodies.

According to police, Denning knew the victims. They say Denning arrived at the Ponderosa Acres Apartments to exchange sleeping pills for money. But when the deal went sour, Denning allegedly stabbed the two sisters, killing them.

According to a court affidavit, when Rose Edwards did not show up to work, a coworker told police rose sent a text message, saying a man by the name of "Drew" was causing problems. When officers arrived at the apartment complex, the girls' bodies were wrapped in blankets in the living room.

According to police, when officers located Denning he said, "book me now." He also reportedly told detectives, "I don't have an honest answer why I hurt either one of those girls." Denning's girlfriend at the time said Denning admitted to doing something terrible.

County prosecutors say court appearances had been delayed several times due to the abundance of evidence in the case.

Denning is being held in the Yellowstone County Detention Facility on a $1 million bond. Sentencing will be set at a later date.