Freezer Causes House Fire - KULR-8 Television, Billings, MT

Freezer Causes House Fire

Posted: Updated:
BILLINGS -

Firefighters say a freezer causes a house fire on Billings West End.

Billings firefighters were called to the home on the 2200 block of Fox Drive Sunday night just after 9:45. They say two adults were in the house at the time of the fire; one of them suffered smoke inhalation but was not treated.

Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff McCullough says the fire caused about $200,000 in damage and was started by a freezer on the back porch. He says the property and contents were insured.

  • LocalMore>>

  • Fire East of Roundup Still Burning

    Fire East of Roundup Still Burning

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:57 AM EDT2014-07-30 04:57:56 GMT
    A timber fire scorched between 30 to 40 acres, according to Musselshell County Dispatch.
    A timber fire scorched between 30 to 40 acres, according to Musselshell County Dispatch.
  • Big Concerts a Boost for Local Businesses

    Big Concerts a Boost for Local Businesses

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:57 AM EDT2014-07-30 04:57:03 GMT
    Big concerts like Tuesday night's Tim McGraw show at MetraPark aren't just good for fans - they're good for local businesses, too.
    Big concerts like Tuesday night's Tim McGraw show at MetraPark aren't just good for fans - they're good for local businesses, too.
  • Adult Book Store and Tobacco Shop Served Search Warrants

    Adult Book Store and Tobacco Shop Served Search Warrants

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:47 AM EDT2014-07-30 04:47:19 GMT
    Ball Adult Books and Video and Headie's Tobacco and Accessories were served search warrants by Billings Police Detective. The search warrants were in connection to a drug known as spice.
    Ball Adult Books and Video and Headie's Tobacco and Accessories were served search warrants by Billings Police Detective. The search warrants were in connection to a drug known as spice.