Man Dies in House Fire - KULR-8 Television, Billings, MT

Man Dies in House Fire

Posted: Updated:
BILLINGS -

We now know the name of the man who died in a house fire on in Billings on Friday. The Yellowstone County Coroner says 49-year old James Oblander died from smoke inhalation. Billings fire says they answered a call for a fire at a home on the 2900 block of Cook Avenue just after 7:00p.m. Friday. The fire damaged a bedroom in the basement and caused minor smoke damage to the rest of the basement. Fire officials say the fire was contained to a futon mattress. They say Oblander tried to put the fire out with a fire extinguisher but was overcome by the smoke and wasn't able to get out of the bedroom. At this time the fire department does not know the cause of the fire.

  • LocalMore>>

  • Dirty Dash Returns to Billings this Saturday

    Dirty Dash Returns to Billings this Saturday

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:22 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:22:06 GMT
    The dirtiest 5k race is back in Billings this weekend, and you still have time to register. The Dirty Dash takes place this Saturday.

    The dirtiest 5k race is back in Billings this weekend, and you still have time to register. The Dirty Dash takes place this Saturday.

  • Fire Restriction in Effect

    Fire Restriction in Effect

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:13 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:13:29 GMT
    A stage one fire restriction is in effect for Montana state parks and FWP areas.
    A stage one fire restriction is in effect for Montana state parks and FWP areas.
  • CSI Kids Camp

    CSI Kids Camp

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 11:09 PM EDT2014-07-24 03:09:30 GMT
    Billings kids give Crime Scene Investigation a try this week at MSUB.
    Billings kids give Crime Scene Investigation a try this week at MSUB.